I’m 3 days late in writing this blog… so I’ll make it brief..
We were over at Rottnest Island for the annual Swim Thru last weekend so I didn’t get to sit at the computer Sunday morning to capture the weekly lessons..
I was swimming around Thomsons Bay instead…
SO WHAT WERE THE LESSONS..?
We had a great training session with one of our Telecommunications Retail clients last week.
Our good friends and clients at Optus World were having a HOW TO GET THE MOST OUT OF THE CHRISTMAS SELLING PERIOD session.
We designed 3 very powerful exercises that the group of 30+ managers and staff jumped into..
Out of it came:
1. 17 brilliant ideas to maximise Christmas sales
2. How to keep energy, excitement and enthusiasm up in the store (even when the team have worked long hours)
3. How to stand out from the competition so we increase conversion rate and increase average dollar sales (without being rude or pushy)
You need to get your sales teams together on at least a monthly basis (preferably weekly) to motivate them.. to retrain and redrill them in the key skills, systems and processes you want them to follow..
In the world of retail, especially at Christmas time you need to make sure you run a session covering the above 3 points..
Don’t leave it to chance that the Gen Y’ers will know how to:
1. Maximise Christmas sales revenue
2. Keep energy, excitement and enthusiasm up in the store (even when the team have worked long hours)
3. Stand out from the competition so we increase conversion rate and increase average dollar sales (without being rude or pushy)
THERE’S A TON OF MONEY AROUND AT CHRISTMAS – MAKE SURE YOU GET YOUR SHARE
The amount of money spent on Christmas gifts and food each year in Australia is staggering. Peak retail industry body the Australian Retailers Association (ARA) predicts Christmas spending this year to hit $39.8 billion in retail sales (from mid-November to December 24).
According to ARA modelling, this Christmas will see $15.7 billion spent on food, $3.4 billion spent in department store, $2.8 billion on apparel, $6.7 billion on household spending, $5.5 billion on hospitality and $5.8 billion being spent on other items.
Are you the type of retailer who wants to maximise your fair share of this cake?
If you answered YES…. then take action NOW…
Train your team to get your fair share….or your competition might train their team to cut your lunch..
There is an old saying ‘ the best trained team wins…’
Train your team to get your fair share of the $39.8 Billion….
Christmas time is selling time for Retailers…
and its giving and loving time for everyone else…
‘Hang On…’ I hear you say…..
‘Can’t Retailers be giving and loving and selling at the same time?’
Ah Ha…. that is the subject of another blog post…