It’s a beautiful sunny day in Perth today and thanks to CHOGM we have a long weekend..
I’m about to race off to Water Polo training but I wanted to share with you some of the lessons from this weeks Sales Coaching in Melbourne, Sydney and Perth.
SALES MANAGEMENT SCIENCE – IT’S NOT YOUR FAULT YOU DON’T KNOW IT
I’ve been putting the finishing touches to the slides and notes for next weekends Sales Management Masterclass here in Perth (and I’ve got to say, I’m very excited about the difference I’m going to create to those Sales Management leaders who have made the commitment to be there..)
Some questions for you..
- What makes a great sales manager?
- What are the 4 key skill areas for Sales Managers to focus on?
- How do you recruit and retain top Sales Performers?
- How do you manage and motivate both top performers and not so top performers?
- What leadership, coaching, mentoring systems can we take from high performance sport and apply to high performance sales?
- What is a step by step system you can directly install into your sales team to immediately get a boost to sales?
If you don’t have the answers to these questions or you want to explore them in depth to apply to your business, make sure you’re there next weekend.
It’s not you fault if you don’t have the answers because they are not taught in school, business school or anywhere in any formal way to 99.9% of Sales Managers.
If you can’t be there, contact me direct and we’ll put you on the ‘interested list’ for when we run the Sales Management Masterclass in your city or maybe run one in house with your Sales Team.
Hit reply and write ‘SMM interest’ in the subject line to find out more.
NEGOTIATION AND THE GOLDEN 30 SECONDS
We designed and ran two great Negotiation Coaching sessions in Melbourne and Sydney on Tuesday and Wednesday.
It’s amazing that so few teams spend time on the critical negotiation skills involved in not only closing the sale but maximising the value and the margin of the sale.
As a mentor of mine once said:
‘You never make as much money as when you are negotiating..
You might hold out for another 30 seconds in the negotiation, and that might be another $500, $1,000, $10,000 or more…
When else can you make $1,000 or more in 30 seconds?’
It certainly got me thinking about how worthwhile it is to get better at what goes on in that ‘Golden 30 seconds..’
1. Train your team in the keys of negotiation
2. Realise that negotiation goes on 12 months of the year during the account management ‘purple zone’ phase, not just the ‘green zone’ closing phase of the contract negotiation phase
3. ‘Argy Bargy’ as Premier Colin Barnett calls it, is often (almost always) part of the process. Why? Because everyone wants to feel they have done a good deal.
Your job as a professional business person, sales professional, service provider, is to educate your client as to the value you are going to deliver, then educate them as to the value you did deliver.
It’s all about VALUE DELIVERY.. Everyone wants VALUE FOR MONEY..
THE PHONE.. THE PHONE..
On Thursday afternoon I worked with a team of inbound telemarketers.
These guys are already doing very well…but once we trained them in the Science of Inbound Telemarketing Sales Conversion, they now realise they are leaving $100,000’s per year on the table.
They now know how to:
- Sell more high priced, high value product
- Sell more warranties
- Pleasantly get rid of the time wasters and low value sales
- Do more with less in each and every phone call
The telephone is the life blood of most businesses, yet over70% of people using it have had little or no training in what to say, how to say it, to not only help the client get what they want, but maximise the value of the exchange for both caller and receiver..
Ring… Ring….Wake UP!! There’s more money to be made when you get it right..
FINAL REMINDER…NEXT WEEKEND IN PERTH
Talking of changing patterns, in Saturday’s West Australian was the ad for the Sales Management Masterclass seminar you are invited to.
You’ll get the inside POWERFUL, PROVEN, PROFITABLE secrets and science to:
- Recruiting patterns and systems
- Inducting patterns and systems
- Training patterns and systems
- Motivating patterns and systems
- Management patterns and systems
- Coaching and Mentoring a High Performing Sales Team..
If you’d like to be part of this Sales Management Masterclass you can register by clicking here.
You’ll see the ad in next Saturdays West Australian. Stay tuned or BOOK NOW to beat the rush.
REGISTRATION AND BONUSES
The first 50 people will receive a copy of our ‘Cracking the Million Dollar Sales Code’ book valued at $27 and a copy of my interview with my old mate, 5 time Premiership Winning CEO Brian Cook on“The Inner Secrets to Winning an AFL Premiership and How it Applies to YOUR Business with Brian Cook” valued at $97.
See you there or see you next week.
Have a winning week.