Do You Use SMART Decision Making?
Another week has zipped by..
And the week has demonstrated yet again the importance of knowing how to make good decisions in a company..
Decision Making is a skill.
Decision Making is a skill that can be learned, practiced, coached and improved.
In the absence of using Smart Decision Making discipline, a lot of dumb (and costly) decisions are made every day..
I’ve seen and heard the power and cost of making EDD’s and ULD’s..
I heard how one ULD cost over $200,000 and another caused a top performing, high revenue generator to walk and head straight over to the opposition..
EGO BASED DECISION MAKING VS DATA BASED DECISION MAKING…
- What are the stats telling us?
- What do we want? What outcome? What is the END IN MIND?
- What are 3 different ways of solving this?
- Who should be involved in this decision making process? (those who we want committed to the result should be involved. I = C)
- What is our implementation plan? Whom should do what by when and how will we follow up to make sure it’s happening?
That’s why I sat down at the end of today’s boardroom coaching session and recorded this video..
WATCH THIS AND REFLECT… PLEASE!!!
I promised you last week the re-worked video on ‘How to Make A Good Decision…’ or ‘ULD, EDD v DDD… Knowing The Difference Can Make and Save You a Fortune..’
Here it is..
Let me know your thoughts…
May your future decision making be SMART not Dumb..
See you soon.