Firstly… Happy New Year..
May 2010 be a MASSIVE YEAR for you and your business.
This will be a quick one today…
Am driving down the South West to beautiful Denmark for a quick few days with my darling..
But while many of us are taking a holiday, spare a thought for our friends in Retail and Hospitality..
RETAIL RULES REVEALED
Cath and I went into town the other day to change two pairs of shorts she bought me for Christmas..
Sales… Sales.. Sales..
People and stock everywhere..
I must say, the service was terrific.. no problem at Myers and David Jones changing the shorts..
and of course.. I spotted a lovely jumper and two crazy hats in David Jones I just had to have..
From a sales point of view, I hope that is the way it works for everyone else too..
You go in to change something, and you come out with even more..
Great for the economy.. and my wardrobe..
A quick couple of retail lessons..
1. the more stock you have out… the more you will sell
2. the more you create urgency and scarcity with ‘bargains’ the more you will sell
3. the larger the sale price, the more you need to be focusing on benefits… not just features
4. the larger the sale price, the more you need to ask these million dollar Blue Zone questions..
‘what type of lounge suite do you like?’
‘what type of lounge suite don’t you like?’
‘what type of bedding do you like?’
‘what type of bedding don’t you like?’
The more time you spend swimming in the Blue Zone…the easier it will be to Present your Red Zone solution and close the sale.
5. Over this busy period, get plenty of sleep and drink plenty of water… and take your vitamins.. ..
Keep Healthy and make hay while the sun is shining..
There will be quieter times in the year, but now is the time to SELL, while the floor traffic is high..
How do these retail rules apply to your business?
HOSPITALITY RULES EMPLOYED WITH EXCELLENCE..
We just had Grace’s 21st birthday dinner as a family at Matilda Bay restaurant in Perth last night..
It was terrific..
Overlooking the Swan River… full moon..table right on the window by the water..
The whole family, including Grandma Veronica and Grace’s boyfriend Nathan were there..
The food was superb… but just as important, the service was brilliant..
It was a treat to see all the things we teach being implemented (even though the restaurant are not clients..)
A few takeouts..
1. The waitress was super calm, friendly and informative… (she knew exactly how the steak was treated and cooked and how medium rare would be ‘pink and have no blood running because the meat was aged/ drained…and the lobster was a whole lobster that was…”)
Her knowledge of the menu was impeccable..
(Too often the answers you get back are ‘I wouldn’t know.. I’m new here..)
She was trained, drilled, coached and mentored in ‘menu excellence..’
2. The menu used great copywriting.. making the food sound delicious before you even got it (copywriting is salesmanship in print)
3. When we asked the waitress to take a photo of us, not only did she take one, she insisted on taking another from a slightly different angle to get it absolutely perfect for us.
4. The waitress came back to make sure we had everything we needed…’now you got your brochollini… and you got got your mashed potatoes…. and you got your…?’ The power of check questions…. subtly reinforcing the value (all lovely pieces setting us up for the tip later on…)
5. When it came time to get the bill, firstly she insisted on making sure the table was clear… then when the bill came, it also came with some bonus chocolates presented on a plate with ‘Happy Birthday Grace’ written in chocolate and a candle lit on the plate..
How could we not tip after that?
Now do you think this all happened by chance…
NO BLOOMING WAY..
IT IS SCRIPTED…. A SYSTEM….. TRAINED… SUPERVISED….
It is what some call ‘Sales Choreography’ or B.E.C ‘Buying Experience Choreography’
IT IS THE SCIENCE OF RECIPROCITY AT WORK..
You do enough good things for me….
I have to do something good for you..
It’s wired into us as human beings..
(Read Cialdini’s The Psychology of Influence for more info or get a copy of our ‘Cracking the Million Dollar Sales Code..’)
How good is your ‘buying experience choreography’ system?
Is it scripted….trained… supervised?
Or do your salespeople make up there own buying experience?
We don’t recommend you leave it to chance..
If you’re a coach, consultant, trainer… or you’re thinking of becoming one.. Lock in Feb 20-21 in Sydney for our 2 day
Coaching and Consulting Mastermind weekend..
We’ll be giving you more details shortly..
Otherwise hit reply and write SEND ME INFO in the subject line and we’ll keep you posted
(John is putting up the web page details in the next few days and we’ll send you the link)
FREE GIFT FOR SALES MANAGERS AND BUSINESS OWNERS
If you haven’t taken advantage of our Blue Rocket Gift please check it out..
There are free samples of brilliant interviews with business leaders, top coaches and inspiring sales legends..
Some people had trouble a couple of months ago accessing them.. so here is a reminder..
I was looking at the page yesterday and was reminded what a great package of inspiration and information is in that offer..
Clients are raving each month about what arrives in their mail and how it stimulates and coaches their sales teams for less than the cost of a cup of coffee and biscuit each week.
Give yourself an early Christmas present..
Time to get moving..
Have a good week.
Leigh Farnell and John Blake