A presentation by a friend of ours, Steve McGurk… using a new technology that moves beyond ‘Death by Powerpoint’ called Prezi.
Wow.. it allows you to scan in and out and move around a presentation rather than have to move slide by slide and linearly…
Steve has put several powerful Youtube presentations and a powerful TED talk on ‘Challenging the Status Quo and Innovation..’
Here are some of the great points I got from the presentation.
- People Don’t Buy What you Do.. They Buy Why You Do It…
- How and Why to Market what You Believe.. What you Stand For..
- The Law of Diffusion of Innovation
- The Recipe for Success is People and Money and The Right Market Conditions e.g: TIVO
- Don’t talk about what you HAVE.. talk about WHY you do what you do…What you believe…What you stand for and what you stand against..
- Then you will attract an excited, hungry crowd
- Dr Martin Luthur King gave the ‘I have a dream’ speech.. not the ‘I have a plan speech..’
- We follow those who lead not because we have to, but because we WANT to..
There is also a great speech by Steve Jobs of Apple and Pixar…
- You can’t connect the dots looking forward.. only looking backwards
- Have the confidence to follow your heart.. believe that the dots will connect as you move forward
- Why you’ve got to find what you love.. and love what you do.. and don’t settle
- ‘If you live each day as if it were your last, someday you’ll be right….’
- In the mirror each day — ‘would I be doing this if this were my last day?’
- Facing death….
- your time is limited living someone else’s life..
- follow your heart and intuition.. they already know…
- ‘Stay hungry.. stay foolish’
Here’s to the crazy one’s. The ones who see things differently video… terrific…..
And the Trust and Comittment video on recovering from failure is a ripper.
Wow.. what a video, the Emotional Connection video.. Powerful
Check it out.. The Future of Presentations..