So many great Sales Training, Sales Coaching and Sales Consulting lessons from last weeks consulting to clients..
Here are just some in a nutshell.. (maybe I will write about them at some point in the future)
1. THE POWER OF PERCEPTION MAPPING FIRST – DIAGNOSE BEFORE YOU PRESCRIBE
Our Perception Mapping Process showed yet again the power of doing an online Diagnostic of Sales Teams attitudes, issues and areas they request Sales Training in before you begin a Sales Training programme. Sales Managers at one of our new clients just loved seeing their results. It mobilised them into action.
‘What are my team saying?’
‘How do we compare to the other teams?’
‘What are the top 3 issues we need to fix?’
‘Let’s get on with it..’
They were fully engaged and committed to making a change to their sales processes, sales systems and sales results. It was all GREEN LIGHTS FOR GO!! ‘Let’s get on with taking sales to the next level…’
A very good place to start a major sales improvement intervention..
Visit www.perceptionmapping.com or click here and write ‘online sales diagnostic’ in the subject line and hit send to find out more.
2. NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming) and Sales Improvement
I just presented last night at a 4 day NLP certification programme with QC Seminars here in Perth.
(In fact, if you click on that link you can get a Complementary ‘Mindset for Success’ DVD valued at $67)
I made a point of integrating many of the NLP principles into my presentation on Lead Generation and Super Closing Strategies.
The people loved it..
Key points included:
– how to use rapport and calibration in the sales process to close more sales
– how to influence the ‘internal world’ in the sales process to increase buying temperature
– how to use ‘hypnotic’ words to ‘auto suggest’ and lead the prospect to a YES
– how to manage your STATE so you automatically influence the BUYING STATE of the prospect and get to a YES Faster
– how to use the POMVIC Sales tool and NLP to ‘slide’ automatically to a sale
If you want more info on this presentation or want us to present at your next seminar, team meeting or conference, click here and write ‘NLP info’ in the subject line and hit SEND.
3. QUOTES, PROPS, TENDERS AND ACTION PLANS
Finally, with another client late in the week putting a major tender/ quote together.
They asked me to sit in on the final review meeting.
Now, they had done a lot of work on it and by the time they asked me to get involved they thought they were at the fine tuning stage..
As they began to discuss ‘should that be a ‘the’ or a ‘a’…. I said, ‘I know you’ve done a lot of work so far on this, but if you want my input here, you need to look at the structure of the whole document..’
They asked for my input..
In a nutshell, here are 3 major mistakes not only this client but many clients (and most likely you) make:
1. The quote, the pitch, the tender talks way to much about you and your product BEFORE it talks about the clients PROBLEMS.
You must remind and REAGGRIVATE the clients problems BEFORE you talk about your solution.
(DON’T TRY AND SELL A GLASS OF WATER UNTIL YOU MAKE THEM THIRSTY)
2. Most quotes, tenders and proposals do not use the POWER OF SOCIAL PROOF.
You are crazy if you don’t include testimonials, logos and other social proof that you have satisfied many clients JUST LIKE THE ONE you are proposing to.
The more relevent the testimonials are to the prospect, the more compelling your pitch. (Using a surf shop testimonial when pitching to BHP won’t have the same impact as a testimonial from Rio Tinto)
3. Most quotes, tenders don’t use proven COPYWRITING principles like:
– the use of subheadings to make it easier to scan the document for main points
– the use of bullet points and ticks so its easier to read (So often the paragraphs are 5 and 10 line chunks of text that are so hard to understand that the major selling point or benefit is lost..)
– No summary table – so that all key features, advantages and benefits over the competition are clearly stated
– Bonus tip – link the features, advantages and benefits of your product to the original problems and issues stated by the client with words like
‘So what that means you’ll be able to do is solve..’
‘and that will solve that problem you had of ….’
Anyway, it’s almost time to go.. but… if you’d like us to review any of your props, tenders, or quote systems, the PAYOFF can be astronomical..
Our client is in the running for a multi million dollar order…
He is over the moon at how we have helped him JUMP in the CHANCES of converting it..
In other cases, as a result of the changes we have made to the PITCHING process, clients have literally generated MILLIONS in extra revenue..
Click here to touch base and we’ll give you the inside info on how you can use these strategies in your business.
Just write ‘Quotes and Pitches’ in the subject line, hit send and we’ll get back to you.
See you next time.
PS: If you like this blog post, pass the link onto your friends and colleagues.
PSS: Dont forget our NEW SALES SCIENCE SEMINAR in Perth Monday May 24th – Go to www.bluerocketlive.com to book your FREE seats.