It’s Monday morning and it’s going to be 38 degrees in Perth today..
I’ve just got back from a swim from the pilon to North Cott and back with my water polo cronies… then a coffee..
‘Bittersweet Symphony’ is blasting from the Christmas presents downstairs..
It’s been a musical Christmas here in the Farnell household.
We gave our son James a new Cole Clark guitar for Christmas.. It’s superb..
(In fact, here he is last night playing with his band mate Steve in our kitchen, a song they composed on Boxing Day..)
THE JOYS OF CHRISTMAS
So what’s this got to do with you, sales training, business, your success or moving forward?
SOAKING UP THE JOYS…. Celebrating the moment.. Celebrating and being grateful for the joys you have on these days..
It’s only through gratitude with this moment can we move forward..
The Psychologists tell us, your self esteem, your confidence can only grow if you acknowledge and celebrate and soak up the gratitude.
An attitude of ingratitude, envy, anger, constant dissatisfaction, of ‘constant not enough’ can only produce more of the same..
So these moments, your moments are THE moments to leverage off..
What moments did you have over Christmas?
What moments did you have today?
Today, for me, just swimming over the reef, watching the fish below me.. Having my friends of almost 30 years around me as we swam North to Cottesloe..
Then sitting talking all sorts of things over coffee…
Hearing my wife and my son listen and enjoy the music downstairs… another moment..
Aren’t these the moments we live for?
Aren’t these the moments we work for?
Aren’t these the moments we store away in our memories so we can relive them… over and over again..
So when the days get tough.. or the sales get tough… we draw down inside ourselves, to recall these marvellous moments, to remind ourselves it is all worth trying that bit harder for, hanging in there that one more question, or one more objection or one more minute or hour for…?
Soak these moments up.. file them away so you can easily re-access them whenever you need them..
Call them your MAGIC MOMENTS… or your MOTIVATIONAL MOMENTS… or your MEMORY MUSCLES…
These are the moments that will help propel you forward and onwards and upwards in 2011 and beyond..
A QUICK SEARCH OF GRATITUDE
I just did a quick Google search on ‘a Spirit of Gratitude’ and came across this list of great tips from the Forston Institute..
I liked them… hope you do too
SIX WAYS TO BE GRATEFUL
1. Eagerly look for people and situations for which to be thankful. Pray and listen for the wisdom to recognize how and where you have been blessed.
2. Increase the number of times and the amount of time spent showing and telling others how much you appreciate them. Openly acknowledge those in your life much more frequently than you have in the past. Express gratitude for your spouse, children, siblings, co-workers, relatives, and friends. Actually say your unsaid positive, uplifting thoughts of gratitude rather than keeping them a secret. Email messages of appreciation, recognition, and gratitude to family and co-workers rather than complaints.
3. Privately express, to yourself out loud, ten to fifteen aspects of your life that you are thankful for each day. It is so much more effective when you do this out loud and actually hear yourself with your own voice say these acknowledgments. You can express your gratefulness while driving, walking or even taking a shower. There are a number of ways that you can begin a statement of gratitude:
·”I am grateful for. . . .”
·”I am thankful for . . . .”
·”I appreciate. . . .”
·”I acknowledge you for . . . .”
·”I am blessed that . . . .”
·”What I love about you is . . . .”
4. Write five or more statements of gratitude each day in a journal. Review your gratitude journal each week to give you a better perspective of the joy in your life.
5. Develop a Spirit of Gratitude with the purpose of having a change of heart. Receive all things with thankfulness. A Spirit of Gratitude motivates you to think, feel, and behave in ways that are to your highest benefit. Powerfully change your life by cultivating this inner Spirit of Gratitude.
6. Eliminate the ingratitude that has crept into every part of your life. The sin of ingratitude is far more pervasive than one realizes. Blaming, criticizing and judging others is so much easier than being thankful. Anger, frustration and fear often blind us to the reality of true blessings. Uncover the traces of ingratitude and its consequences. Interestingly, expressing a series of grateful statements out loud to yourself for several minutes usually empowers you to eliminate negativity and negative energy. A negative state of mind seems more easily maintained than the effort to feel uplifted and grateful.
Have a happy, memorable post Christmas..
I plan to..
PS: Here is another memorable moment from yesterday.. Our dog Ebony and how she responds to AC/DC..