Checklists To Safety And Predictable Success
Blackburne Property Group CEO Darren Cooper gave me a lesson in safety and predictable success when he invited me to go flying with him recently.
The sky was a perfect cloudless blue. There was almost no wind and Darren had told me he was a stunt Pilot, so I was just a little nervous about what might ensue.
As it works out we were in a perfectly normal 4 seater SkyHawk and we were just flying for an hour or two down to Mandurah and back and doing a few take off and landings.
What impressed me most was Darren’s discipline of following every step in the Pre Flight Checklist .
He was meticulous. (and I was very glad and comforted that he was so meticulous in following that checklist.)
But it got me thinking as to the importance of Checklists in so many other parts of our lives and businesses.
Lets just look at a potential Sales or Business Development Process Checklist that could apply in almost any business: predictable success
1. Have you sent out pre meeting information so the prospect has some idea who you are before you even meet them?
2. Have you been nurturing the relationship with that prospect for 1 month, 2 months, 6 months or more?
3. Did you develop good rapport and points in common with them?
4. Did you have a giggle or laugh or was it just straight business?
5. Did you really probe and get to understand their needs, hopes, goals, dreams and frustrations or did you do all the talking?
6. Did you convert the features of your products and services into benefits? Your world into their world?
7. Did you ask for the business?
8. Did you find out how much they liked or didn’t like your offer?
9. Did you handle their objection and concerns so they were happy to go ahead with your offer?
10. etc… etc…
I said to Darren on the day ‘wouldn’t it be great if a salesperson could be like a pilot and say ‘check’ every time they ticked one of the boxes
BUSINESS SUCCESS CONTROL TOWER
Wouldn’t it also be great if they had a set of headphones on and their actually was a Control Tower that directed or asked questions or gave clearance for take off and landings.
‘Clear for Needs Discovery Questions’
‘Clear to Pitch Solution Now’ – Check
‘Clear to Ask for the Business’ – Check.
‘Clear to Negotiate and Close’ – Check.
‘Clear to Ask for Repeat Business and Referrals’ – Check
There would be tons more success if such a system were in place.
Real time Sales Control Tower Feedback.
TRAIN FOR SALES SUCCESS AUTO PILOT
No such thing exists at the moment, so you need to train, drill, select, induct and manage yourself and your sales teams to know the checklist for predictable safety and success.
Weekly (and even daily) drills, simulations, real play role plays and coaching make a massive difference to sales results.
If you want predictable sales success, you need to do what those who get great results do – they follow a system.
If you want to find out how LFBB can help you get those predictably great results, CLICK HERE