March is Celebrating Super Hero and Money Month in Your Business
WHY AND HOW TO CELEBRATE THE SALES HEROES IN MARCH
It’s now the Month of March.
March is the Month of the Salesperson.
If you Google it, you’ll find the First Friday of March is dedicated as National Salesperson Day..
So, if you’re like 99% of other businesses, you’ve probably already missed it..
That being the case, I think we should make the WHOLE MONTH OF MARCH – THE MONTH OF BUSINESS GENERATION.. THE MONTH OF CELEBRATING THE SALES SUPER HERO..
The people who go out and generate the revenue in your business are the Super Heroes..
March is the Month to remind them of that..
WHY USE MARCH TO CELEBRATE THE SALES PERSON?
Without the sales person there is no sale.
Without the salesperson there is no hunter bringing in the bacon…the leads, the list building, the prospects, the opportunities, the revenue, the profit..
THIS VIDEO – GET THE POINTS..
(This video is not only me celebrating the Super Hero Sales Legend role my own daughter delivered for a client in the last two weeks, but also highlights some of the coaching points that follow in this blog..)
Without the salesperson, the accounts person and the admin person have way less to do (or might even be out of a job..)
MARCH POINTS TO GET YOU THINKING…
Here are a series of facts/bullet points I found searching the web I thought you’d be interested in:
– Harvard research shows that, across a range of industries, there is a direct and consistent correlation between the calibre of the sales force and organisational growth.
– A world class sales benchmarking study reveals that the calibre of the salesperson, in the B2B environment, is the most important factor influencing customers’ decisions to buy.
– In many sales forces, 20% of the sales force deliver 80% of the revenues. This means that hiring talented salespeople is essentially a random event. Tossing a coin would be as effective.
– 64% of salespeople who fail, do so because they are in the wrong job, not because they cannot sell.
– Top sales producers outperform average producers by two to one and outperform low producers by 10 to one.
– Caliper Corporation reports that 55% of people making their living in sales should be doing something else.
– Sales is a talent-based profession and training can only improve this by 20%. So a 5% can become a 6%, but an 80% can become a 96%.
– Replacing your bottom 20% of salespeople with only average performers would improve sales productivity by nearly 20%.
– Over 50% of sales managers are too busy to train and develop their sales teams.
(This information was sourced from http://www.bizcommunity.com/ )
Choosing the right sales people or sales organization can make or break your business. Personality profiling can go a long way in helping you not only choose the right sales person but also help you work with and coach the ones you already have.
WHAT VALUE THE GOOD SALES PERSON BRINGS TO YOUR COMPANY
Here is something I saw on the Hays UK web site I couldn’t have written better myself…
A good salesperson will bring to a company a range of values that cannot be replaced by alternative marketing methods. They will be experts in their field, and well-connected within their customer base. They will be naturally likeable and excellent at relationship-building. They will be able to quickly identify leads worth pursuing and know how to communicate with these people. They will be passionate about their product and be able to explain how it will benefit their client. This ability to create an emotional impact is still extremely important in the marketplace. It is ultimately this personal connection that often makes the sale, rather than the product or the company branding.
A good salesperson can easily cover their costs and add to a company’s bottom line within 6 months of being hired; something which is unlikely to be true of any other position within a company. Successful companies are still very aware of this.
Sales professionals who can win new business, grow existing accounts and take business away from a company’s competitors are extremely valuable and highly sought after in the current market place.
7 WAYS TO CELEBRATE SALES AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT IN MARCH
You can (and should) use March to:
- Celebrate winning new business
- Celebrate great sales achievements
- Look for great Sales strategies your team is using and celebrate it
- Celebrate great Sales Innovation and Sales Productivity
- Celebrate great Sales Time Management
- Celebrate great Sales Persistence
- Celebrate Great Sales Management
(Oh, by the way, March 5th is also my birthday, so in my world, March is always a month of celebration. So if I can tie in my birthday with celebrating great Sales achievements, that’s a bonus..)
GIVE YOURSELF THE GIFT OF LEARNING NEW STRATEGIES
Talking of bonuses, the Sales Management Masterclass for March 16th in Perth is filling up very fast – so get organised and get yourself a seat fast if you intend being there.
I’m also looking at running a Sales Management Masterclass in Melbourne on Monday July 8th – so keep your eyes peeled for that too.
MARCH 16TH SALES MASTERCLASS SPECIAL VIP SCHOLARSHIP OFFER – GET YOUR TICKET NOW
I’ve recorded a special video outlining the 27 Sales Leadership Scholarships I’m offering to the March 16th Sales Management Masterclass.
Check it out here..
Just to give you a heads up, our next Sales Management Masterclass is Saturday March 16th at the Medina Grand in Perth.
Besides the usual Sales Management Masterclass strategies I will also be having some special guests working with me on the day giving you powerful key insights and strategies into:
- Selecting and recruiting top performing sales people so you hit more winners and stop wasting time with poor selection results… and..
- Marketing, branding, and lead generation using above and below the line strategies that only the big boys know about but anyone can use…
BE THERE… BRING YOUR Leigh Farnell Best Business TEAM…
For more information or to register, my personal video message plus testimonials and course content in detail go to www.salesmanagementsecrets.com
Helping you discover your best…