I was doing a strange thing at about 3am this morning..
It may not be what you think..
I was listening to this podcast.
Celebrity multi millionaire Mark Bouris of Wizard Home Loans (which he sold to GE for $500 million) now Yellow Brick Road and Celebrity Apprentice fame, interviewing the Federal Minister for Small Business, Bruce Billson.
I had never even heard of Bruce Billson until this interview.
I have to say, after listening to him in my half sleep state, I was very impressed.
(Now let me be clear, I have no association or allegiance to either Mark Bouris or Bruce Billson.
I just wanted to share this with you as a person I know who is interested in Business success, entrepreneurship and success in life in general.)
What you will learn in 30 minutes or so:
- What is in the Budget for Small and Medium Business
- What the Minister is doing inside of Government to promote, support, catalyse more small, medium and family enterprise success in Australia
- What drives this Minister to be a mover and shaker in the corridors of Power working on behalf of small business (or how he prefers to call it ‘small business and family enterprise.’
- Why everyone needs someone to ‘give a shit…’ and ‘put up their hand and have a go..’
- How the Minister for Small Business is now in Cabinet and located at the Treasury (not just a political appendage..) and the difference that will make for all of us in what he calls ‘the engine room of the Australian economy.’
Here is a very good article on Bruce Billson in the Sydney Morning Herald.
Tony Abbott calls him ‘Pastor Bruce’ because he is so evangelical about small business.
Now if you’re wondering why I was listening to this at 3am I was hoping it would put me back to sleep… but it didn’t…
I suggest you download it on your iphone and listen to it in the car or when you’re at the gym or walking the dog..
It’s very good brain food..
‘If you are what you eat,
take great care in what you
feed your brain..’
5 Bonus Sales Business Coaching Training Lessons from the Archive
I was going through my archive the other day and came across quite a few blog posts and video posts I thought were well worth sharing again..
Here are just some for your viewing..
#1: How to Close More B2B Sales Using Proposals – and How to Stop Quoting.. – video lesson
#2: What Every Sales Manager should be teaching their Sales Reps but 95% Don’t
#3: Sales Training Lesson #124: Why Life and Death is an important Topic in Sellin
#4: Marketing Lesson #101: Reduce the Marketing Blind Spot and Magnetising Your Sales Message
#5: Leadership Lesson #23: How To Motivate and Lead to Go From Bottom to the Top