What Does It Take To Deliver 5 Star Customer Service?
You know you’re in the presence of a Master when they make high performance seem effortless.
Recently Catherine and I received 5 Star Customer Service from two completely different sources.
Here’s a short checklist of the traits Glenn had at our recent stay.
A pretty good checklist on what to look forward when recruiting a Customer Service Super Star.
Mr Hospitiality – Glenn Host – Parkview Hotel, St Kilda
1) PERSONALITY – Outgoing, friendly, proactive
2) NEVER SAY NO – Whatever the request is – How do we say YES?
3) SHARING ABOUT SELF – I have a family too like you. I have good days and bad days like you.. I like to have fun and listen to music (AC/DC) like you..
4) SHOWING GENUINE CONCERN – How did you break your ankle? Wow.. well let’s look after you and have some fun while you’re here..
5) FINDING OUT ABOUT YOU: Where are you from? What do you like doing?
What are you planning on doing while you’re in Melbourne?
6) WISHING YOU A GOOD DAY (Genuinely) – Have a good day.
7) PLANTING THE COMEBACK SEED: See you tomorrow morning. Tell me how Opening Night went tomorrow at breakfast.
8) LISTENING – REALLY LISTENING: Repeating back. Parrot phrasing. Telling a short story that reinforces your point or story. Looking for agreement and points in common (not points of disagreement or what you don’t have in common)
9) READING THE PLAY: Seeing chairs or other people in the way of the wheelchair, so moving quickly to help create a path. Seeing other staff taking too long to get the order and hurrying it up for us. Using the ‘Head Up’ Rule – when someone is looking around in a store or restaurant they are usually looking for something. So going to them at that moment and asking what you can do to help them rather than just walk on by.
Glenn really was a Superstar and I gave him and the Hotel a great review on Tripadvisor.
Rewarding Good Customer Service And Social Media Marketing
I told Glenn I would do a great review on Trip Advisor and he said if I mentioned his name he would get a movie voucher or Coles/Myer voucher as a reward.
In other words, the Hotel has a system to reward staff for facilitating good Trip Advisor reviews.
Good idea – a win/win.
Want to Train and Install our Best Business Five Star Customer Service System in Your Business?
We have trained, coached and mentored everyone from McDonalds to Telstra and Cash Converters in the Science and Systems of Customer Service.
Want to find out more CLICK BELOW